One 4/4 Large Tuba
40 x 20 x 20 (in Inches)
101.6 x 50.8 x 50.8 (in cms)
48 x 23 x 22 (in Inches)
121.92 x 58.42 x 55.88 (in cms)
Front Pocket Dimensions
24 x 13.5 (in Inches)
60.96 x 34.29 (in cms)
Side Pocket Dimensions (two)
17.7 x 7.5 (in Inches)
44.96 X 19.05 (in cms)
11.45 Kgs / 25.24 Pounds
4/4 Large Tuba Wheelie, Synthetic with Leather trim, Black – 64-WBFSK
- GARD Patented Mid-Bag Suspension System, Foam belts /pads, and cone inserts for your instruments.
- Padding made up of dense, thick and impact resistant High-Density foam. The bag interior has 25mm of foam on all sides of the instrument.
- Bell area protected by a wooden disc padded with dense foam.
- 1” Zipper guard protects the instrument from accidental scratching from metal zippers.
- 1680 Denier Ballistic Synthetic Fabric is standard in all Gard Synthetic bags. The fabric is abrasion and tear resistant.
- Sturdy YKK zippers.
- Heavy-duty electroplated brass hardware
- All weight bearing joints are riveted as well as stitched.
Design / Comfort
- Wheelies have a front kick-stand that prevents the bag from toppling over due to weight of the instrument.
- Wheelie bags also feature a telescopic handle to allow easy adjustment to the height of the player.
- Carry Handle / grip Handle made of real leather is soft to touch and adjusts comfortably to your hand.
- 2” Wide Shoulder strap included with bag.
- Wheelie can be carried as a backpack.
- Leather Luggage tag provided.
- Most bags come with a special rain-cape to protect it from water damage during inclement weather.
The original specification for ballistic nylon was an 18 ounce nylon fabric made from 1050 denier high tenacity nylon yarn in a 2x2 basket weave. Today the term is often used to refer to any nylon fabric that is made with a "ballistic weave", typically a 2x2 or 2x3 basket weave. It can be woven from nylon yarns of various Denier such as 840 denier and 1680 Denier. Denier refers to the weight, not the strength, of the fabric.
This tuba gig bag is a monster- so much better than the ProTect I previously had. The large case just barely fit my Yamaha 321 Tuba. My instrument is narrow and tall, so the extra foam blocks do not fit on top of the instrument. Also, as you know, there are tubas that are right facing (main body to the right, usually with top placed piston valves) and left facing (main body to the left, usually with rotary valves). Mine is a piston instrument. When I first put the tuba into the gig bag, it was an awkward, tight fit and the zipper would barely close. I noticed that the base was slanted--- all I had to do was remove the base and flip it around so that it made the tuba tilt the other way! The case then closed perfectly (Ingenious by the way to make the base removable). Speaking of the base, I was surprised to find that the base was made of plywood. If I brush up against the case with the instrument inside of it there is no sign of wobble or it tipping (which is what happened with my protec).
Now, the backpack feature is a struggle to use. The case itself is a formidable structure. With the tuba in it, it is a workout to lift but not impossible. I walk up 2 flights of stairs with it on a regular basis and am still alive to tell the tale. If you have knee problems I do not recommend that you use this as a backpack though. Luckily, the wheels work great and provide an alternative for people who are not able to lift the bag.
I am so happy with this case--- with all of the traveling that I do back and forth from school, I needed something that would provide my instrument extra protection. The fits the bill. As for durability, I have only had it for a few weeks so I can not comment on long term wear. The craftsmanship and thought that went into building this case make it worth the steep price tag.
How to set up your Gard Tuba Wheelie
Customers also Preferred
64-WBFLK Gard 4/4 Large Tuba Wheelie, LeatherView Details
64-WBFLK Gard 4/4 Large Tuba Wheelie, Leather
65-WBFLK Gard 5/4 Tuba Wheelie, LeatherView Details
65-WBFLK Gard 5/4 Tuba Wheelie, Leather
64-MLK Gard Tuba Gig Bag (Bell upto 20", HT upto 41"), LeatherView Details
64-MLK Gard Tuba Gig Bag (Bell upto 20", HT upto 41"), Leather
65-MLK Gard Tuba Gig Bag (Bell upto 20.5", HT upto 43"), LeatherView Details
65-MLK Gard Tuba Gig Bag (Bell upto 20.5", HT upto 43"), Leather
The core values of honesty, integrity, and loyalty to the customers are reflected in our products. We strive to provide real satisfaction and value for money in our products.